New Gold is an intermediate gold mining company. The company has a portfolio of four producing assets and three significant development projects. The New Afton Mine in Canada, the Cerro San Pedro Mine in Mexico, the Mesquite Mine in the United States and the Peak Mines in Australia provide the company with its production base and solid foundation. In addition, New Gold owns 100% of the Blackwater project and 100% of the Rainy River project, both in Canada, as well as 30% of the El Morro project located in Chile. New Gold's objective is to continue to establish itself as a leading intermediate producer, focused on the environment, sustainability and generating peer-leading shareholder returns.
Our Values drive every decision and action we take at New Gold:
Integrity: Do what’s right
Creativity: Lead with innovation
Develop our employees: Commitment to personal development
Teamwork: Leverage our collective skills
For further information on our company, please visit www.newgold.com.
The successful incumbent will be responsible for working with the local communities to identify ways to empower them with the structure, training and tools necessary to be successful in the development of independence and sustainability. Such potential resources will include business development contracts, employment, education/training, scholarships, communications and community development. The candidate will advocate for New Gold Inc. while working to maximize community benefits for the Blackwater Project, as well as overseeing the management of New Gold’s Vanderhoof Community Liaison office.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- A minimum of 5+ years’ progressive experience in community relations or related field with a Bachelor degree in a related field; a combination of education and experience will also be considered.
- Must possess solid communication skills with the ability to listen.
- Able to work as part of a team.
- Must exhibit a keen attention to detail.
- Must possess skills related to report writing, public speaking, organization of events and meetings, and development of communication tools (newsletters, website updates, etc.).
- Able to work well under pressure and meet set deadlines.
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment.
- Experience in supervision of staff and managing budgets related to maintenance of an office.
- Be willing to travel to the project site as requirements arise.
- Strong technology skills are an asset, particularly expertise with Microsoft Powerpoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, and Sharepoint.
- Prior experience in the mining or related industry is preferred.
- Knowledge of the Nechako Region would be an asset.
- Willing to relocate to Vanderhoof, BC.
A competitive salary will be provided.
HOW TO APPLY:
- pwc - PricewaterhouseCoopers Canada
- Regional Profile
- Request for Proposal: Horn River Basin Surface Water Monitoring Study
- Department Contacts
- EduMine-Interpreting the Financial Statements of a Mining Company
- Contact RDBN
- AMEBC First Nation Engagement Toolkit
- Geoscience Project Information
- Industrial Land ID Study
- Planning Department Information
|Page 1 of 7|